Thursday, April 26, 2012

Quantic, De-Phazz, & Capitol Hill Block Party lineup

I'm feeling a little funky, maybe a little jazzy today. It's hard for me to sit still. I need to move my body, stretch my hips, strain the muscles a bit.

William Holland aka Quantic has got me moving in the right direction. If you're a fan of Thievery Corporation, Groove Armanda, or the like, add Quantic to your list. I'm currently plugged into his 2002 release Apricot Morning.

Holland's latest release Around the Corner has him paired up with Alice Russell and the Combo Barbaro (another of his side projects). While not exactly what I'm looking for, if you're into that 60's soul and funk from South America then this is for you.
Somewhat in that same realm, I've put De-Phazz's 1997 release Detunized Gravity on heavy rotation, track #1 Roses being one of my favorite. It makes me feel sultry, like good lounge music usually does.

 

In other news, Capitol Hill Block Party announced their partial lineup, and it looks pretty damn good. Major Lazer, Grimes, Phantogram, Youth Lagoon, Twin Shadow, and Diplo are a must. Currently, 3-day passes are going for $85 and will only increase, so get'em while you can.

-anna

No comments:

Post a Comment