Tuesday, May 1, 2012

J. Tillman aka Father John Misty

(Beard-y)
Josh Tillman, former drumer of the ever so lovely Fleet Foxes, has released his first alumn under the Father John Misty name. Out today, I've had this marked on my calendar for the last month in anticipation. Over the last couple of hours I've been listening to Fear Fun (Sub Pop) I've laughed, I've cried, I've danced. That's a lie. No, actually I've been sitting at my desk staring off into space/working, sometimes activly listening to the lyrics of 'O I Long to Feel Your Arms Around Me', or just letting the melody fill my ears while I hammer the nail. The sound is varied, ranging from the melodic opener of Funtimes in Babylon, to twangy in Tee Pees 1-12. Top to bottom it a great listen and highly recommended. I'll be able to catch it live Monday May 7th over at Neumos if you're in the Seattle area.

My favs...and if you're a Parks and Rec fan it's a double wammy.


Random kitten pic Tuesday

(goats in the lounger)

-anna

No comments:

Post a Comment